The museum exposition contains more than 26 thousand exhibits of the main stock. They are the museum's scientific base. The most important are incunabulas and books printed anciently, icons, folk clothes, embroidery samples, coins, medals, etc.
There are 6 regular expositions in the museum. Two halls contain temporary exhibitions. The regular exposition is divided into three sections: nature, history and ethnography.
The nature section (two rooms) represents geological information, mineral resources, flora and fauna of the region.
The ethnography section (one room) is interesting by folk art and crafts, local traditions and ways of life.
The history section (three rooms) displays materials about ancient settlements in the region, informs about Stryj history, local liberation movement. A separate room is dedicated to UPA history.
The history of the house:
It is the former property of Eugene Olesnytskyy, a lawyer and a public figure. The house was built in 1899. The lawyer lived and worked here till 1909. Then he sold the house and moved to Lviv. Later the house became the center of public life of Ukrainians.
During Polish period the residences of different public organizations were located here. During German occupation a kitchen that served a German hospital was situated in the house.