The former church of Mary Magdalene is another prominent architectural monument in the town that dates back to XVI c. Since 1687 it was given over to the Franciscans, but in a century Austrian government closed the monastery. The church was given over to the Greek-Catholic community.
Now it is a Greek-Catholic church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary.
In 1897 the cornerstone of the church was blessed by archbishop Joseph Bilczewski. The church of St. Joseph was built and sanctified in 1910.
After 1946 the church served as a storage. Since 1999 it belongs to the UKrainian Orthodox church. Now it is the church of Archangel Michael.
The church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary was built in 1425. It was rebuilt and restored for several times in XVII and XIX c. The last restoration of the church took place in 1891. The new alabaster altar with the icon of the Holy Mary surrounded by the Saints was established at that time. The icon was painted in 1888 by Florian Tsynk, the Cracow artist.
The church is one of the most beautiful monuments in Stryj. It was not closed during the Soviet period. The soviet film «Major Vykhor» was shooted in the church in 1967.
This building is one of the most interesting structures in the town. It is decorated with the busts of the prominent cultural figures of Ukraine — Y. Fedkovych, M. Shashkevych, T. Shevchenko, etc.
The People's House was constructed thanks to the efforts of local community. Its grand opening was held on the first day of 1901.
Before First World War it was one of the largest centers of cultural life in Galicia.