The museum was opened in 1991. Its exposition numbers more than 600 original exhibits. The museum's profile is that of art and literature. It has the title "the people's museum".
The museum's display is located in four halls.
In the first hall one can see the exhibits presented by Mykolayiv inhabitants. The second hall is dedicated to Mykola Ustyyanovych. Its exhibits tell about the writer's life and creative work. The rare photos from the Ustyyanovychy family album are, without doubt, of great interest.
The third hall is dedicated to Ulyana Kravchenko (Yulia Shnayder), the poetess and writer. The visitors will see the authentic exhibits: U. Kravchenko's personal things, the first book of poems "PRIMA VERA" (1885), her dress and blouses, plates and dishes, etc.
The fourth hall exhibits present materials about prominent people of the region — artists, actors, composers, sculptors, singers. The separate stands are dedicated to the singer A. Kozlovsky, the artist O. Miroshnykov, called "The Galician Faberzhe" and known by his masterpieces of precious stones, the artist P. Holodny, who worked in Mykolayiv in 1922-24., and to Eugene Kapshy — the first city museum founder.
9:00-17:00; closed on Saturday and Sunday.
The excursion can be ordered on Saturday or Sunday on request.
Free of charge.
The offering is greeted.
Excursions are free of charge.
M. Ustyyanovych St., 41
Теl.: +38 (096) 230-69-42
How to get:
The Museum is located in the city center. M. Ustyyanovych Street begins near Market square close to the high school building and St. Nicholas Roman Catholic church.