The museum complex has two big sections: 'Soviet School' and 'Czech School'.
'Soviet School' recreates typicall atmosphere of the 1960-1970ies.
The exposition of the 'Big Room' shows visitors the pupils' daily routine: inkwells and feathers to write with, abacuses for counting, patephone for audio plays and music and a stove not to get cold in winter. It the 'Small Room' there are typical attributes of those times' patriotic education: a flag of the Komsomol organization, a portrait of V. Lenin and an equipped 'red corner'. All the things around take you back to times when children were gathered for school assemblies by horn and drum sounds, and life stories of communist leaders were a significant part of school curriculum.
In the 'Principal's Office' old phone, typewriter and radio receiver don't function anymore, but serve as exhibits creating the picture of those times. However, in the bookcase a huge collection of school archives is still hidden, and at the desk there's the copy of 'latest' issue of 'The School Chronicle', the journal founded back in times of Austria-Hungary.
In a narrow 'Teachers' Room' class books are all over the desks. Those were really important documents for teachers of Kolochava, where they carefully listed the attendance histories of each class. Nowadays portraits of some of local teachers hang around the room, for visitors to see what local educators looked like.
'Czech School' presents the history of Kolochava of 1931-1938, when there were two Czech public schools — the national Rusyn one and the Czech one.
The last one was mostly attended by children from local Jewish community and local governors families (notary, local council workers and gendarmes sent from Czechoslovakia). Though the Czech school existed in Kolochava for only 7 years, it made its mark in local history. The modern exhibition was formed according to the memories of remarkable former school pupils, such as academician Mykola Mushynka from the University of Prešov (Slovakia) and Dr. Franciszek Gibel, director of the Jan Kaminsky Museum (Czech Republic).
There are two rooms in this section: the classroom and the teachers' room. The items around show the atmosphere of love to 'beloved republic' and its 'father' Thomas Masaryk. At the entrance to the classroom, there's the coat of arms of Czechoslovakia, next to the board visitors see a portrait of the President of the country and there's his bust at the door. The piano score seems to invite everyone to sing the Republic national anthem, and the country maps on the walls, authentic to those days, show the wide land of Czechoslovakia, from the Bohemian Forest to the Carpathian Mountains. On the shelves there are Czech books and class books where local pupils were listed and put marks to.