Bryukhovychi

Bryukhovychi village (Brukhovychi) is one of the best vacation spots around the city of Lviv, which has always been regarded as "green lungs" of Lviv (even on Bryukhovychi's coat of arms there are three fir-trees).

Bryukhovychi is located within Roztochia Upland, on the main European watershed. One of the village's rivers Mlynivka drains into the Baltic Sea, Bryukhivchanka river — into the Black Sea. There are uplands, towering over Bryukhovychi valley for 318-337 m.

History of the village:

Nowadays Bryukhovychi is a developed recreation area. One can find here: resort, hotels and restaurants, playgrounds, tennis courts, 2 lakes with beach infrastructure and the most important — clear air, saturated with the smell of pine trees.

In the village there are: astronomical observatory, a branch of the Academy of Public Administration, forestry, Pulmonology and Cardiology departments of the Railway Clinical Hospital, Roman Catholic seminary, national administrative centre of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Museum of Modern Sculpture of M. Dzyndra.

At the village's entry from the side of Lviv (from Zamarstynivska street) amongst the forest, on the slopes over cemetery one can see scenic cliffs and the remains of the Austrian fort (from the times of the First World War). It is told by locals that on the top of Zyavlenska mountain (372 m over sea level) there used to be a pagan temple.

A bit further on the same road one can see a lot of parked cars. They belong to the locals who come here to take water from the salubrious spring.

Another interesting place here is the "Cheburek house" near the lake, which has been famous for its chebureks since Soviet times. Many residents of Lviv come here to regale him/herself with this dish.

The southern part of the village, being built up by the estates of new Ukrainians has a corresponding name "Pole Chudes" (literally "the Field of Wonders").

Important information:
Photos
 Former church of Christ the King (1925-1936), nowadays - Greek Catholic church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary, Father Izdryk St. 6
 Former church of Christ the King (1925-1936), nowadays - Greek Catholic church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary, Father Izdryk St. 6
 The interior of the former church of Christ the King (1925-1936), nowadays - Greek Catholic church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary, Father Izdryk St. 6
 Virgin Mary Statue which was shot during WWII (church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary), Father Izdryk St. 6
 Orthodox church of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Kurortna St. 6
 Sts. Volodymyr and Olha church, the neighboring village called Birky 
 Bryukhovychi railway station
 Bohdan Khmelnytsky monument, Kurortna St.
 Fort (early 20th cen.)
 Villa (early 20th cen.), Father Izdryk St. 27
 Villa (early 20th cen.), Shyroka St.
 Villa (early 20th cen.), Lvivska St. 56
 Villa (early 20th cen.), Lvivska St. 17
 The lake
 Chiburekki (meat pasties) house

Hotels, hostels, campings, spa resorts
  • Price per person: from 350 UAH
    BB
Restaurants, cafes, tastings
Rehabilitation, Spas, saunas, swimming pools
Museums
Tours, recreational activities
Leisure
Sights