A small village that is located on Luzhanka river at the foothills of Uholsko-Shyrokoluzhansky massif and Krasna ridge. The population of the village is about 3,000.
The first written reference of Novoselytsya dates back to 1630. In 1798-1928 there existed a wooden gothic Church of the Ascension in the village. Unfortunately, it was burnt. Still, some interesting recordings have been preserved in church books. For example, the 'Apostle', published in 1696 in Lviv, was bought on February 12, 1702 for 'half a ten of Hungarian zolotyjs (currency)'. It was also recorded in the Gospel in 1636 that in 1718 during the priesthood of St John Tyaskov the peasants bought the bell for 20 zolotyjs.
In the 'Chronicle of Novoselytsya village' by local pastor Stephen Bendas the erection of the new stone church was described. The village started to get prepared to this event already in 1863. The rural community bought a concession for the inn that had to provide constant cash flow for the erection of the church. Local Jewish people agreed to pay 25 Florents per year to the community on condition that no concurrent tavern would be opened. In 1931 the construction works of the new stone temple finished. It belonged to the Orthodox community during the Soviet times.
In 1993 there was built a stone Orthodox Church of the Annunciation of the Blessed Mary. In 2012 a new school for 500 pupils was built in Novoselytsya.
The extraction and refining of pink marble is carried out in Novoselytsya. Some metro stations in Kyiv and Moscow are lined with this stone. There are also significant reserves of limestone and sources containing fluoride that is deficient in Transcarpathia.
In the recent years, Novoselytsya and surrounding villages have been developing green tourism.