While living in Kryvorivnya in 1901-1914, Ivan Franko stayed in this house, which at that time belonged to
Vasyl Yakibyuk, the local carver.
The museum was established in the house in 1953. Now the exposition occupies three rooms. One of them represents the writer's working room, in which he was visited by O.Kobylyanska and S.Hrushevskyy. What has been preserved
is the bed in which Franko slept, a bench of that time, a clock, a little table, a Hutsul axe, which Yakibyuk gave Franko as a present, a landing net and a folding armchair, in which Kotsyubynskyy rested.