Museum was opened in 1970. It combines two departments: open-air museum and that of history.
Open-air museum includes: poor man's dwelling (1918), school with teacher's accommodation (1920), well-to-do villager's dwelling (1882). History museum is located nearby in the former palace of the counts Fohoshy, built in neoclassic style. Museum exhibits present materials telling the history of the region from old times till nowadays.