The church is a museum-monument of the wooden architecture and sacral art of XVI-XVIII с.
It is dated according to the inscription in the interior, though some researchers date it back to 1562 and 1648. The bell-tower was built in XVIII c.
The dominant feature of the interior is the five-tier iconostasis of the Renaissance style. It was constructed in 1650 thanks to the efforts of the local town community.