It is one of the biggest villages in the district, located between the rivers Oslava and Prut. The village lies for 5 km along the road Delyatyn–Yabluniv. Total area is 4040,4 ha, population — about 4500 persons. The village was first mentioned in a written document from 1745.
Bili Oslavy and the neighboring village Chorny Oslavy are called "colored villages" by the locals.
Mariyka Pidhiryanka (1881-1963), the famous Ukrainian poetess, was born in Bili Oslavy in the forester's family. The former priest's house is a museum named after her.
The village was divided into streets only in the 1980is. The main street is named after the remarkable compatriot M. Pidhiryanka. The main village hamlets are Vodyshny, Horbyshchi, Vilyshchi, Hamanivka, Dolishnya Syhla, Horishnya Syhla, Pechenizhish and Tsarynka. Historains claim that the oldest settlement in the village was found on the territory of Vodyshny hamlet in 1575. The river and salt spring nearby facilitated this. The modern village emblem has a salt cellar on a mountain background.
The village, except the museum, also has a school, an ambulatory care clinic, a post office, a library and a forestry. The village is famous for its builders, carpenters, tinsmiths and masters of embroidery.