The Carpathian Biosphere Reserve was finally formed in 1968 on the area of 12,6 thousand hectares. Since 1992 it has been included into the international network of UNESKO biosphere reserves.
Now the Reserve occupies the area of 53630 hectares, and it houses six separate massifs and botanical reserves Chorna Hora and Yulivska Hora.
The territorial structure fully represents the landscape and biological diversity of the Eastern Carpathians.
The temple was built in the period of 1822-1825. In 1872 the belfry was added. A new organ was mounted here in 1884.
The restoration of the structure took place in 2004-2005 and in 2008.
Now it is a current Roman-Catholic church.