Worth seeing in Olesko

  • Capuchin Monastery

    The monastery complex was built in 1739. It is located nearby the castle and includes the church of St. Antoniy and the building of the cells. The church is decorated with wall paintings. There are three stone figures in front of the church: St. Antoniy, St. Mary and St. Onufriy, made by Leblan, a well known sculptor. The author of the project of the church is Andriy Dobravsky. Today the church and the cells serve as a storage of the Lviv Art Gallery.
    Address: Olesko vllage
  • Church of St. Trinity

    The church of St. Trinity is situated in the central part of Olesko. It was founded in 1481 by Petro Senensky. In 1545 it got the present look. The next construction period is that of 1625-1627 when Ivan Danylovych ordered to build two side chapels. In the XIX c. the church was damaged a bit by fire. Later it was renovated, though the interior lost its Gothic character. In 1993 it was handed over to Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church.
    Address: Olesko village
  • The Castle in Olesko is a prominent architectural monument of XIV-XVIII с. Since 1975 it has been housing the department of Lviv National Gallery of Art.
    The museum exposition numbers more than 500 samples of painting, sculpture and folk arts dating back to X-XVIII c.
    Working hours: 11:00-18:00; Tu. 12:00-17:00; closed on Mo.
    Address: Olesko village