Przeworsk is a town located above Mleczka river valley near the fringes of the Carpathian Highlands. In 1393 Wladyslaw II Jagiello granted the city rights to Przeworsk, though the first written record of it dates back to 1280, at the end of the Xth — beginning of the XIth centuries. On receiving city rights, Przeworsk started to develop as an important weaving centre on the territory of modern Polish Subcarpathia.
Previously the town was surrounded from all sides by defensive walls, the remains of which have been preserved till these days. Till 1862 Przeworsk used to be a private property. It was alternately passed to Tarnowski, Kostki, Ostrogski and Lubomirski families. At the turn of the XIXth — beginning of the XXth centuries, owing to the activity of Lubomirski family, the town got an impetus to socio-economic development. In 1895 a sugar factory was built here, it is regarded to be one of the oldest and largest in Poland. Later a railway was laid through Przeworsk, trains from Kraków to Lviv travelled through it, it also had a positive impact on the development of the town.
One of the most significant historical and architectural sights of Przeworsk is basilica of the Holy Spirit, surrounded by defensive walls. A chapel with relics is situated on the territory of the temple, built at the end of the XVIIth — beginning of the XVIIIth centuries per sample of Jerusalem the church of the Holy Sepulchre.
Church of the Bernardine Order is also a place of tourists attraction, surrounded by defensive walls. In addition, in Przeworsk there are several places worth visiting: Chapel of the Sisters of Charity (1780), Town Hall (XVth-XVIIth centuries), the Palace and Park Complex of the Lubomirski family (XVIIIth-XIXth centuries), greenhouse and town park (XVIIIth-XIXth centuries). In the period from mid-spring till mid-autumn here operates a narrow-gauge train Przeworsk-Dynów 'Pogórzanin', which is very popular among tourists. Europe's longest narrow-gauge train tunnel (602 m) is built on its route.