Tarnobrzeg County (Pol. powiat tarnobrzeski) is one of 21 land counties in Subcarpathian Voivodeship, Poland. It covers an area of 1225.1 km², its total population is over 96,000 people, the population density is 77.2 p/km². Its administrative centre is the city of Tarnobrzeg. Tarnobrzeg County was formed on January 1, 1999 as a result of an administrative reform.
The county has a rich nature. Beside rare plant species, there are birds included into nature conservation list of Poland. That is why on the territory of the county an ornithological, water and forest reserve, called 'Stawy' was created in the districts of Nowa Dęba and Grębów. It covers an area of 753 hectares, its main purpose is to protect a large system of ponds with fish, being surrounded by almost non-modified forests with rare avifauna. On the territory of the natural reserve about 177 bird species were identified, being common in the areas of water, boggy, forest, meadow and field natural territorial complexes. In particular among the representatives of avifauna under special protection there are: grey and purple heron, orlik, fisher, black cormorant, black and white stork. This area is popular among tourists who prefer eco-tourism.
Lake Tarnobrzeg is considered to be one of the most popular holiday destinations in the county. It was created not so long ago, in 2009. It covers an area of 445 hectares, its depth in some places reaches 42 m, and the length of sandy and grassy beaches is about 1500 m. The cycling trail from Tarnobrzeg to the lake is laid out, though one may reach this place by car or public transport. There functions a yacht club 'Kotwica' on the adjacent to the lake area. Tourists have an opportunity to do such kinds of sport as sailing, windsurfing, diving, one can rent water scooters, catamarans, kayaks, boats, water zorbs.
One of the most prominent tourist attractions of Tarnobrzeg County is Baranów Sandomierski castle. It was built in 1591-1606 on the order of Brzesko's governor Andrzej Leszczyński. At the turn of the XVIIth century the construction of the castle was brought to the end, but in 1849 and 1898 it was badly damaged by fire. At the beginning of the XXth century the fortification was restored under the supervision of an architect Tadeusz Stryjeński.