Krasiczyn is one of the most well-known villages of Subcarpathian Voivodeship. In the XVth century, when Jakub from Siecina was its owner, the village was called Śliwnicy. Later the village became the property of his son, it was the reason of changing its name from Śliwnicy into Krasiczyn (in 1602).
Krasiczyn is famous owing to its Castle and Park Complex, one of the most valuable monuments of Renaissance architecture in Poland. In the graphical representation of the plan, Krasiczyn castle has a shape of the irregular quadrangle, in the corners of which there are cylindrical defensive towers. Stone castle was built by Stanislaw Krasicki in 1580 on the site of the former woodland castle (yard of a rich nobleman, surrounded by quadrangular walls, moat and rampart with stockade, fortified by stone towers at the corners and defensive entrance gate). At the turn of the XVith — early XVIIth centuries there was a radical reconstruction into the residence of "palazzo in fortezza", carried out by Stanislaw Krasicki's son — Marcin (castellan of Lviv, voyevoda of Podolia).
Marcin Krasicki did not have heirs and in 1642 the castle passed to his nephew castellan of Przemyśl — Constantin Krasicki, who had large debts and neglected the castle. Later the vicegerents of the castle were Yuriy and Oleksandr Krasicki, they were the last male representatives of the family. Since 1724 Podstoli of Lithuania, General of Podolia — Jan Tarło, restored the castle. Due to the political views of Jan Tarło, in 1726 the castle was robbed and devastated by the Russian army, the Papal Tower was destroyed. The building has never returned to its former grandeur. Jan Tarło partly restored the building of the castle before his death, in 1751 the castle passed into the possessions of Ludwika Potocka from Mniszchów. She continued restoration of the castle, plastered sgraffito on its walls.
Hereafter the castle passed into possessions from person to person, in 1835 it was bought by Grand Duke Lew Sapieha, who turned it into family residence. He recovered the adjoining park, where oaks were planted in honour of the birth of his sons and lindens — in honour of his daughters. V. Engert, an architect from Vienna restored buildings of the palace, which suffered the fire in 1852. In order to restore the castle, Sapieha family got into huge debt. Restoration was intended to renew outward of the castle and the adjacent territory. Upbuilding was ceased by World War I. From September 3, 1939 till 1941 military unit of the Red Army was located in the castle. During this period of time inside decoration of the premises was totally destroyed, all furniture was taken out, family chapel and entombment were devastated. New restoration of external walls began in 1963 and has been continuing till today. Restorers claim that the old decorations and furnishing of premises are impossible to be fully restored after the Soviet occupation of Subcarpathia.
Today a beautiful park is located near the castle, where there are many interesting trees and bushes from aesthetic and botanical points of view. Inside the castle there are: luxury hotel, restaurant and winery. Many tourist come to Krasiczyn not only to visit castle, but also to take part in interesting cultural events which take place here throughout the year: jousting tournaments, concerts, festivals, art and photo exhibitions etc.