The complex consists of two separate museums — an open-air museum and a historical museum. It was opened in 1970.
The open-air museum includes three buildings:
The poor peasant's lodge, built in 1918.
The second building combines the local school and the teacher's apartment. It was built in 1920.
The two-block tiled building from Pyjterfolvo village. The front part of the building served as the school, the back one (a kitchen, a room, a porch) — as the teacher's apartment. The buildings of the type have appeared since the middle of the XIX c.
The well-to-do peasant's lodge of 1882.
A three-block building consists of the inner porch, the front part with the porch and the back part with the pantry. Mostly, it is a wattle and daub house.
Historical museum is located nearby in the former palace of counts Fohoroshi built in neoclassical style. The Palace ensemble was formed in 1890-es. From that period one can see the park with old trees and the family chapel (today it is a Greek-Catholic church).
The musem exposition informs the visitors about the main historical events in the region. The exhibition of folk ceramics, ancient furniture (Vienna's Baroque style), the hall of souvenirs are of great interest. There is also a conference hall for 50 people that is available for holding seminars.